As a sponsor, do you know what you are certifying when a TSS nomination is lodged on your behalf?
All sponsors are required to certify the following as part of a TSS nomination:
1. That they have not asked for, or received, any benefit in return for sponsoring the nominated person for the visa (from either the nominated person or a third party);
2. That the employment contract entered into with the nominated person complies with Australian law related to employment, including the National Employment Standards;
3. That the duties of the nominated position are consistent with a significant majority of the tasks of the nominated occupation as set out in the ANZSCO description;
4. That the nominated person has the qualifications and skills required for the nominated occupation; and
5. That the nominated position is a position in their business, or the business of an associated entity.
DISCLAIMER This information is current as ofand subject to change. The information contained in this publication is of a general nature only. It should not be used as legal advice. To the extent permissible by law, Ajuria Lawyers and its associated entities shall not be liable for any errors, omissions, defects or misrepresentations in the information or for any loss or damage suffered by persons who use or rely on such information. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.