New instrument for Labour Market Testing for TSS visa applications
JobActive is no longer active. Sponsors will now be required to post their advertisement on the new Workforce Australia website instead.
An advertisement posted on the Jobactive website (http://www.jobactive.gov.au) before 4 July 2022 can still be used to meet visa requirements. All existing JobActive adverts have been migrated and are available on the new site.
Sponsors can confirm date of posting through their Workforce Australia account but also by searching for the advertisement through the new website.
Anyone entering Australia from 6 July 2022, will no longer need to show a vaccination certificate nor complete a Digital Passenger Declaration.
Please note that:
- If you are transiting through another country, you should check any requirements for that country.
- You should check any airline-specific requirements.
- Quarantine or self-isolation requirements may still apply depending on the Australian state or territory of arrival. You should check these carefully before departure: https://www.australia.gov.au/states
Fair Work High Income Threshold
The Fair Work High Income Threshold (FWHIT) has increased to $162,000. This means:
- Those seeking an age exemption for Permanent Residence under the Employer Nomination Scheme will need to have a guaranteed income of at least that amount going forward.
- The Global Talent Independent and Global Talent Employer Scheme visa guidelines are likely to use this as the new guidance for that visa type.
The compulsory superannuation payment has increased to 10.5% per annum.