Family and English Tests
You DO NOT have to do an English test if you:
- hold a passport from: the United Kingdom, the United States of America; Canada; New Zealand; or the Republic of Ireland; OR
- have evidence from your secondary and/or higher education institution that you have completed at least five cumulative years of full-time study delivered in English; OR
- are applying for a TSS visa and your annual guaranteed earnings will be at least AUD96,400 and you are being transferred to Australia for work.
If you are applying for a TSS visa then your family will NOT have to do an English Test.
Permanent visa – if over 18 must:
- show evidence from a secondary and/or higher education institution demonstrating at least five cumulative years of full-time study delivered in English; OR
- show evidence of successfully completing at least one year of full-time study or equivalent part-time study towards a degree, higher degree, diploma, or associate diploma in an institution in Australia and all instruction was in English; OR
- show evidence of successfully completing a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate that required at least two years of full-time study or training in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English; OR
- payment to the Australian government of $4890