Skip to main content

How Can We Help?

Leaving Australia

I’ve ceased employment and am returning to my home country. Do I need to do anything?

No. It is the obligation of your sponsoring employer to advise the Department of Home Affairs that you have ceased employment. Generally, the sponsor will advise us and we will notify the Department on the company’s behalf. You are not required to notify the Department personally.

How can I access my superannuation funds if I am leaving Australia?

You will need to ask the Department of Home Affairs to cancel your visa voluntarily first before you can access your super funds.

Please do not take steps to do this until you and all visa holders linked to your Australian visa have left Australia permanently.

There are three ways to do this:

Once you have had your visa cancelled, you will need to apply to the ATO online to access your super here.

Back to FAQ