Skip to main content

How Can We Help?

Changes in Details

I’ve got a new passport, what do I do?

You can update your passport in one of three ways:

  • Send a scanned colour copy to us and we can do it for you.
  • Create an ‘ImmiAccount’ and update it yourself.
  • Complete Form 929 and email it to

If you have changed your name on your passport, you will be required to complete a Form 929, attach certified copies of your old passport, new passport and the name change document (such as a marriage certificate or a deed poll).

Do I need to update the Department about a change of address?

This is preferred by the Department and we can do this on your behalf.  Alternatively, you can also create an ‘ImmiAccount’ and update it yourself, or complete Form 929 and email it to

Back to FAQ