Skip to main content

How Can We Help?

Job Situation Changes

What if I want to change jobs?

If you are granted a TSS visa, you can only work for a new employer once the following has occurred:

  • Your new employer is an approved standard business sponsor; and
  • A nomination application transferring your employment has been lodged and approved by the Department.

If you work for a different employer without an approved nomination is a breach of your visa conditions.

If you are granted a permanent visa on the basis of sponsorship by your employer, this visa might be cancelled if your leave your employer within two years. Most employers will also seek to recover some costs if they have paid for your application.

Back to FAQ