You and all of your included family must read the Character Declaration and answer “YES” or “NO” to the character question on the Ajuria questionnaire.
By answering “No” you confirm that you and your family HAVE NOT:
- Been charged with any offence that is currently awaiting legal action?
- Been convicted of an offence in any country (including any conviction which is now removed from official records).
- Been the subject of an arrest warrant or Interpol notice.
- Been found guilty of a sexually based offence involving a child (including where no conviction was recorded)?
- Been named on a sex offender register?
- Been acquitted of any offence on the grounds of unsoundness of mind or insanity?
- Been found by a court not fit to plead?
- Been directly or indirectly involved in, or associated with, activities which would represent a risk to national security in Australia or any other country?
- Been charged with, or indicted for: genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity, torture, slavery, or any other crime that is otherwise of a serious international concern?
- Been associated with a person, group or organisation that has been or is involved in criminal conduct?
- Been associated with an organisation engaged in violence or engaged in acts of violence (including war, insurgency, freedom fighting, terrorism, protest) either overseas or in Australia?
- Served in a military force, police force, state-sponsored / private militia or intelligence agency (including secret police)?
- Undergone any military/paramilitary training, been trained in weapons/explosives or in the manufacture of chemical/biological products?
- Been involved in people smuggling or people trafficking offences
- Been removed, deported or excluded from any country (including Australia)?
- Overstayed a visa in any country (including Australia)?
- Had any outstanding debts to the Australian Government or any public authority in Australia?
If any of the above apply to you or your family then you must answer “Yes” and provide details.