Who needs to do an English Test?
You DO NOT have to do an English test if you:
- hold a passport from: the United Kingdom, the United States of America; Canada; New Zealand; or the Republic of Ireland; OR
- have evidence from your secondary and/or higher education institution that you have completed at least five cumulative years of full-time study delivered in English [TSS only]; OR
- You are currently employed overseas by your TSS sponsor (or a related entity) AND when you transfer to Australia your annual guaranteed earnings will be at least AUD96,400.
If you do not meet any of the exemptions above and your occupation is on the MLTSSL, you will need to obtain English results as listed in this factsheet: MLTSSL – TSS English language requirements – 2020
If you do not meet any of the exemptions above and your occupation is on the STSOL, you will need to obtain English results as listed in this factsheet: STSOL – TSS English language requirements – 2020
Please speak to your Ajuria advisor if you are unsure whether your occupation appears on the MLTSSL or STSOL.
If you are applying for a TSS visa then your family will NOT have to do an English Test.
Permanent visa – if over 18 must:
- show evidence from a secondary and/or higher education institution demonstrating at least five cumulative years of full-time study delivered in English; OR
- show evidence of successfully completing at least one year of full-time study or equivalent part-time study towards a degree, higher degree, diploma, or associate diploma in an institution in Australia and all instruction was in English; OR
- show evidence of successfully completing a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate that required at least two years of full-time study or training in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English; OR
- payment to the Australian government of $4890