Skip to main content

My Family Documents

Documents we will require from your partner and children

Only if included in your visa application.

We will provide you with details of exactly what we need. You can then upload these safely to our secure portal.

Documents we are likely to need:

Bio page of current passport A clear colour scan of the whole page.
Photograph Good quality full-face view photograph.
Marriage Certificate or Civil Relationship Registration A clear colour scan of the whole page.
If you and your partner are NOT married or registered, documents showing co-habitation In most circumstances, your documentation should show that you have lived together for at least the past 6 months. Documents such as:

  • Evidence of joint travel
  • Joint bank account statements
  • Join invitations
  • Joint property title
  • Joint rental agreement
  • Photos of couple
  • Statement from primary applicant
  • Statement from spouse
  • Statements from family and friends
  • Telephone accounts/bills
  • Wills and superannuation details
  • Proposed wedding date confirmation
Your child/children’s birth certificate(s) Including the names of both biological parents.
Parental travel consent or court order If both biological parents are not travelling.
Adoption certificate If applicable.

Additional documents we may request for your family

Health examinations We will advise you further if these are required. See requirement for health checks.
Police clearances We will advise you further if these are required. See requirement for police checks.
Copy of your health insurance or Medicare card TSS Applicants Only
It is a condition of the TSS visa that you (and any accompanying family members) maintain adequate health insurance or Medicare coverage during your stay in Australia. See requirements.
English language evidence You may be required to evidence your English language ability unless you hold a passport from the UK, Ireland, US, Canada or New Zealand, or are otherwise exempt. We will advise you if this is required. See requirements.
Military Service and Discharge Records Scanned copies of your discharge paperwork if you have served in the military police force, state-sponsored / private militia or Intelligence agency (including secret police).

Will my documents need to be translated into English?

Probably if they are critical to your application but sometimes an extract translation may suffice. We can arrange the correct translations for you from accredited translators.

Back to FAQ