Family in Application
Yes. Subject to the agreement of your sponsoring company, you can include:
Spouses and Partners
- If you are married, we will require a copy of your marriage certificate in order to include your partner in your application.
- If you are not married, you must be able to demonstrate that you and your partner are in a genuine relationship; and either live together, or do not live separately and apart on a permanent basis.
- For TSS visas, you should show that you have been in a de facto relationship for at least the last 6 months. Please see Relationship Evidence for more information.
- For a permanent visa, where your partner has not already been included in a previous visa, you may need to demonstrate that you have been in a de facto relationship for at least 12 months.
- Children under the age of 18 can be included provided you are their legal guardian and you have permission for them to travel from their other parent or a Court.
- Children between the ages of 18 to 23 may also be included, if it can be demonstrated that they are wholly or substantially reliant on you for their basic needs.
- Children over the age of 23 can only be included if they are incapacitated for work due to the total or partial loss of their bodily or mental functions
Other family members:
- Grandchildren can also be included in very limited circumstances.
Yes, as secondary TSS visa holders your family members will have unrestricted work rights in Australia.
Yes, as secondary TSS visa holders your family members will have unrestricted study rights in Australia, and your children can attend school.
In some Australian states, TSS visa holders may need to pay school fees to send their children to public school. These school fees vary across Australian states and territories. For more information, please visit the following:
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Please also let your Ajuria advisor know if you are the holder of a 444 visa.
Please let us know if any significant changes such as new residential address, new passport, pregnancy, birth, divorce, separation, marriage, de facto relationship or death. Where required, we will notify the Department on your behalf.