Can I work for someone other than my sponsor?

If you hold a temporary work visa sponsored or supported by an employer (e.g. subclasses 400, 407, 457, 482) then legally you can only work for that employer and cannot work for any other business or for yourself. This includes contract or casual work. If you need to change employer, they will need to have a new nomination approved before you can start working with them.