Skip to main content

My Documents

What documents will you need from me?

This will depend on the application you are making, your circumstances and whether we already have documents for you from your employer or an earlier application. We will provide you with details of exactly what we need. You can then upload these safely to our secure portal.

Original documents are not required at any stage of the process. Certified copies are also not required. All that is required is clear, colour scans of documents. Documents not in English must be accompanied with a translation by a NAATI certified translator.

Documents we are likely to need:

Web Questionnaire You will find this online web questionnaire in the inbox of the portal. Please ensure all questions are answered to avoid delays.
Bio page of your current passport A clear scan of the whole page.
Photograph Good quality full-face view photograph.
National ID Card You must provide your  National ID card, if you are a citizen of: Bulgaria, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Macau, Korea, Romania, Taiwan, Thailand.

  • If you do not have a National ID card and you are a citizen of any of the countries listed above, you must provide reasons as to why you do not have a National ID card.
Resume Must be up to date resume showing months and years of employment with description of main duties of each role
Your degree or trade certificate if you have one Generally we are looking for your highest educational qualification and any professional qualifications (e.g. certificate, transcript, letter of completion).
References for your previous two (or more) years of employment Must include dates, whether it was full time or part time and a list of the core duties of the role. See a sample.
Visa grant letter for any Australian visa(s) previously held Australian visa grants are electronic and this would have been emailed to you.
Travel history Your Australian visa application requires you and every applicant over the age of 16 to provide your travel history for the last 10 years. We understand all details may be difficult to recall, but please answer this question to the best of your memory.

Additional documents we may request for you

Health examinations We will advise you further if these are required. See requirement for health checks.
Police clearances We will advise you further if these are required. See requirement for police checks.
Copy of your health insurance or Medicare card TSS Applicants Only
It is a condition of the TSS visa that you (and any accompanying family members) maintain adequate health insurance or Medicare coverage during your stay in Australia. See requirements.
English language evidence You may be required to sit an approved English test unless you hold a passport from the UK, Ireland, US, Canada or New Zealand, or are otherwise exempt. We will advise you if this is required. See requirements.
Military Service and Discharge Records Scanned copies of your discharge paperwork if you have served in the military police force, state-sponsored / private militia or Intelligence agency (including secret police).
Skills Assessment Certificate PR Applicants Only
We will advise you if you are required to obtain a skills assessment from an independent skills assessing body as part of your visa application.

Will my documents need to be translated into English?

Probably if they are critical to your application but sometimes an extract translation may suffice. We can arrange the correct translations for you from accredited translators.

Back to FAQ